30 May 2006

Last day of the month tomorrow........ well in 3 mins


This may be the last post this month so thought I had better get it in just before the last day - I have done another LO in the wedding album of which there should be a photo attached here:
I especially like this one as I had not got a clue what I was going to do when I started it :lol: it just came together and am quite pleased with it.



On another note today at work was a little bit stressful - about 5 weeks ago we had a new secretary start - part-time - hours to suit her and us - well she had had quite a bit of time away, sick and previous apptmts etc which we didnt mind but last week she was supposed to come in for 3 days - she rang up on Wednesday to say that her stepson had had an asthma attack and she had to stay with him - the father was not in work last week....... anyhow this week she was to do full time - 5 days at 9-5pm - well where was she at 9.15am - no sign of her - rang her mobile - switched off - alarm bells were now ringing and my normally cool manner was deserting me for one of hysteria - being the practice manager with only one part time secretary on the premises and about 10 tapes (full ones at that) to be typed - I knew that the other secretary was going to blow her top when she found out - needless to say I was not very happy - tried ringing her again at 10.19am - still switched off and no answer on the home number - boss by this time has been advised. At about 11.45am the receptionist brought a letter in to me which had been hand delivered - by some stranger - I recognised the writing and just as I thought it was a letter from her saying that she no longer wished to work for S&S and thanked us for the previous 5 weeks - Now I had to advise the boss of this which I did not relish but he was fine about it and we are sorting out a new secretary now - hopefully. If you have got this far in reading thank you for being patient with me, I just needed to get this off my chest. eeeeeeeh I feel so much better now and I can now go off to bed. Oh by the way it is now 00.05am - it has taken me 7 mins to type this :lol:

nite nite everyone :) :)

4 comments:

Chrissie said...

Tsk. What an irresponsible way to behave. Some people have got no idea about work and responsibility. One of my 'buttons' that is.

Chrissie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.