07 May 2006

NATIONAL SCRAPBOOKING DAY 6 - 5 - 06


We had the most fantastic day yesterday at our massive 12 hour crop - it was brilliant. Moira and Sue organised the whole lot for us - we knew it was going to be something special but they really did outdo themselves it was fabulouse. They had prepared the room the night before and it must have taken weeks to do all the preparations for it. There were raffle prizes wrapped up so beautifully it was a shame to open them - they made sure that everyone there got a prize as well. There were challenges - we had to do layouts on Family, Special Occasion and Friendship - they provided the paper/cardstock and we provided the piccies and embellishments and away we went - my Special Occasion one won a prize for me - it is my friend's wedding from March 4th this year and the papers were just perfect for my photos. I will post piccies when I have photographed them at the moment they are still in the back of Gill's car as we were tooooooooo tired to unload it last night :). I managed a further 2 layouts as well yesterday which were other wedding ones for my friends album. My family one was of my boys and the photos just went well with the papers and also the Friendship one was of a lunch we had with a group of our Salsa dancing friends, again I will put pictures on later.

Moira and Sue put on a fantastic buffet for us all - fit for a Royal Wedding I would say, there was everything you could think of and they made sure that vegetarians were not left out either. There were goodies all day - I think the stone I have lost since Xmas will have crept back on in just one day :lol: and we also had fresh cream cakes for afternoon tea - who needs the Ritz :lol: - Moira then organised for us all to have takeaway for our dinner and she rang indian, chinese and we sent one of the DH's to the chippy for others - it was really fabulous .

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

Sounds like a really great day! Bless those crop organisers eh? (LOL!!)

Chrism said...

I think all you crop organisers deserve a gold medal - or your bumps feeling :lol: