08 November 2006

Gloucester Retreat

The above photo is a group photo, which can be better seen on Chrissie's blog at http://www.lifeisscrap.blogspot.com/ a fabulous blog.
Well I have finally or maybe nearly recovered from one of the most fantastic weekends I have ever had. I and my friend Gill have been to a scrapbooking retreat in Gloucester - Down Hatherley to be precise, which is a lovely place and a gorgeous hotel called Hatherley Manor with food to die for mmmmmmmmmmm ;) anyway we arrived there about 2pm on Thursday 2nd November this is after leaving home at 8am and going to Ross on Wye on the way again a beautiful place :) we took our suitcases to our room and didn't even bother unpacking until later that night. We just wanted to get into the scrap room to meet the other scrappers :) well we met lots of the most wonderful people from all over the UK - a few we had met before. the event was arranged by Chrissie from www.scrappersunlimited.co.uk and her team which included Fiona, Rachel, Linz, Vanessa, Julia, Sue, (sorry if I have forgotten anyone - memory not so good on names these days) who were all brilliant. Rachel makes the most fabulous 'poo' and Fiona makes the most fab 'sticky willies'. We took part in challenges and classes and learnt new techniques to use on our scrapbooking pages and also to use elsewhere and there were two shops there to spend our money on - I was quite restrained - after all I had left the credit card at home :) she says polishing her halo :) we had prize giving as well and the prizes were won deservedly by the winners who did some spectacular LO's voted on by ourselves and team members also there was a retreat scrapbooker who won overall and that was Mary who was the most genuine and lovely person anyone could ever wish to meet - she had us all in tears when she accepted her prize. On the Friday night there was 'Deal, no Deal' (which I have never watched incidentally) and I ended up being chosen to sit out in the front and do the picking of the boxes!!! How stressful is that and this wasn't for £250,000 or whatever it was for a more coveted prize of 2 free tickets to the next retreat - which I didn't win but I did win £40 off my next retreat and some fabulous papers :) After the retreat ended on Saturday night Gill and I had booked to stay an extra night there and then went on a mini tour of the Cotswolds and stayed the sunday night in a hotel in Badsey just past Broadway - these were beautiful villages that we went through as will - Lower Slaughter and Bourton on the Water. On Monday we went to Evesham - how gorgoeous is that place and went to Dovers Hill - well talk about a view and a half it was just stunning and I have pictures (300) to prove how gorgeous the Cotswolds is. Evenutally, when blogger lets me I will upload some more pics right now it appears to have gone on strike :( I will love you and leave you for now as its time for bed - well according to Zebedee it is - see you soon with more pics :) :)

4 comments:

Taniwha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.