02 May 2007

Brecons 2 Retreat

Well thought I had better upload some of my scrapbook pages that I did at Brecons2 Retreat before I go to Gloucester3 retreat in November :)
This was a class taught by Sue Bailey and a fab class it was as well - it was called First. I decided to do a layout of my first daughter in law - not that I expect Liam to marry more than once but because I have 3 sons and hope to have 2 more daughter in laws eventually :) the flowers were cut out of paper by hand and then stuck down with a paper dot in the centre and it was so nice and relaxing a class to do :)

This was a class designed by Penny Kafai and taken by Linz of www.craftypastimes.co.uk this again was a fabulous class to do and the picture is DS3 just after he learned to walk hence the title - 'Look Out, Here I come' :) the top panel of circles lifts to reveal journalling (when I have done the journalling that is).
This was a challenge to use the goody bag papers etc that we were given on our arrival at the retreat - again the papers were really lovely colours - the photos are of DS2 taken by DS1 in several different poses just outside our house - the photos are not brilliant so I kept them small so they weren't too bad and the journalling is written around the photos :)
Well this one was for the black and white challenge - the original photos of our wedding are in colour (I am not that old) but I love black and white for wedding photos and decided to change them. Hard to believe that we celebrate 30 years this july :)
Last but not least in the layouts is 'Spring' which was a challenge at the retreat - loved this one - the pics are ones that I took at Nidd Hall about 2 or 3 weekends before the retreat and they just fitted the subject perfectly :)

There are two books that I have yet to photograph which were done in classes one is a mini book - it is that small that you could wear it as a brooch - done with shrink plastic and designed by Fiona - stickysquirrel on UKS :) and the other is a 'basque' book and designed by Amber off UKS and they were both brilliant to do, I just need to take photos of them but have not had the time yet :)

I would like to thank all the girls at Scrappers Unlimited for the work and time that they put into these retreats and to say that I am so looking forward to Gloucester in November :) :)

2 comments:

Chrissie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Flat Golly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.