04 August 2007

My Dad

Well I thought I would do two posts today - didn't want them to get confused... On Wednesday last week my Dad phoned me at work early to say he was having pains in the chest again so I drove round and shortly after the ambulance arrived. They took him in to the hospital and did the usual checks and by lunchtime he was sent home. Well Friday morning again whilst I was in work early again - 8.30am... He called me again with the same problem. Again he was taken in to hospital and this time they have kept him in. He also had the pains on thursday but he said they didn't last as long - as he is 73 and suffers angina and has done for many years, he has had a quadruple bypass about 10 years ago which worked but they don't last for ever - so they are doing tests on him again and he is to have a discussion with the consultant about an angiogram and also possibly a stent or balloon to open up the arteries. He is so fed up now as he can't even plan a holiday in case anything happens - as he says he would rather it happened at home than abroad. Hopefully they will be able to find out what is causing it this time and sort him out.

On another note our son no.3 had his operation on 2nd July on the giant cell granuloma in his mouth - we were told that they may put in a metal plate but they said they did not need to which meant it was a smaller operation than we first thought - having said that it was still a big operation to him and us. He was on liquidised foods for about 2 weeks afterwards and as he is so skinny anyway - honest you could play the xylophone on his ribs ;) - I was buying him the weight gain drinks and whole milk, which must have worked as he only lost about 2lb overall and now he is eating normally again I think he may have put that back on thank goodness. he is going on holiday on Wednesday with Sarah his girlfriend to Rhodes and he is so looking forward to it as at one point we didn't think he was going to be able to go, as they don't let you fly if you have had a general anaesthetic recently but it was 6 weeks ago so they said he would be okay.

Speaking of weight, whilst on holiday in Canada and probably for the six months leading up to the holiday I have put on so much weight - probably over 1 stone - that I have now gone back to my sensible eating which I normally do anyway and I have lost 1/2 stone in two weeks and hopefully the other stone will come off just as easily :) I feel more positive about it now as well and I can see the difference already - even with only 1/2 stone - this could be psychological but who cares, it makes me feel better :)

well I am off out early with Gill tomorrow to Leeds on a photography trip to meet some of our photography friends from www.photography4allforum.co.uk and hopefully the weather will hold out for us so we don't get too wet :) and as we are leaving at 7.45am I think I had better retire to my bed as it is now 11.30pm.... so will love you and leave you to another date soon - hopefully with photos of tomorrow :)

No comments: