03 November 2007

My Dad

My sad news is that my dad passed away yesterday 2nd November 2007.

It would have been his 74th birthday today. My mum died 19 years ago and over the years my dad and I had this standing joke that when he decides he is going he has to go near bonfire night so we can just have a big bonfire to send him off on - little did I know that he would take me so seriously - probably the only time he has done what I have asked :lol: My dad will be sadly missed but I know that now he is with my mum and that he is finally at peace and not suffering any more.

I have to thank my best friend ever Gill for making sure that I got to the hospital to be at his side when he died as we were both at a scrapbooking retreat in Gloucester so on Thursday she did a 5 hour round trip to get me to the hospital and I am so grateful to her and always will be.

2 comments:

Pauline said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jackie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.